Thursday 14 February 2008

Farming Arakkoa Feathers


How would you like to gather 90 gold an hour and get experience at level 65?


I was looking to increase faction with Lower City in Shattrath the other day. A little research indicated that the best way was to hand in Arakkoa Feathers. These drop from a number of mobs in Terrokar Forest in reasonable quantities. I worked out that I would have to turn in over 200 feathers to get Honored rep. Being lazy, I popped into the AH in Stormwind intending to buy a few stacks.

Ouch.

They were selling for well a over a gold each. It was going to cost me 260 gold for the rep I needed.

So I went farming.

Which bring us to the point of this narrative. The feathers can be gathered quickly and easily by any mid 60's character, and very quickly once you reached 67 or so. You can expect 70 feathers an hour at level 65 and 90 an hour at 68. This will bring in 90 gold an hour easily at 65, even if you undercut the regular AH price a little. Over 100 gold an hour at level 68+. In the three hours I spent there a few days ago, I also had one green and one blue item drop. These sold for over 100g as a nice little bonus.

The best drop rate for me was from the Lithic Oracle in the South West of Terokkar Forest. Since they are humonoid, these mobs also drop a little silver, Netherweave Cloth and Runecloth adding to your hourly farming rate. These are level 65 and are in the camp Veil Lithic together with a few level 63 Lithic Talonguard. The camp is at coords 25,73. If you want a lower level mob, go for the Shienor Talanite in the North East of the zone.

No comments: